If your business’s website traffic is down and you’re not getting the exposure you want, it’s likely time to re-evaluate your site’s search engine optimization (SEO) to help. to increase your traffic.
If you have poor SEO, poorly written content, or broken links and redirects, these can all contribute to lowering your search engine ratings. There are several different SEO marketing strategies businesses can incorporate into their sites to gain traction in search results and drive more people to their pages. Let’s see how we can solve these problems.
1. SEO Audit
Conducting a thorough SEO audit can help highlight not only website performance, but also what may be hindering your organic search visibility. Here are the top 10 culprits that could harm your site.
1. Google Search Console. If you haven’t set it up, you won’t be able to tell if Google is having trouble crawling and indexing your site.
2. Toxic links. While link building is essential, having too many toxic links can create problems. Toxic links are links to spammy sites or links to websites that are only meant for link building, and these sites often contain malware or spam.
3. Broken links and redirects. If you have multiple 301 redirects or broken links, search engines will rate your site lower.
4. Performance. Search engines weigh heavily on website performance and speed when evaluating sites. If your site has outdated plugins or too many clashing plugins, it can slow down the performance speed.
5. Mobile friendly. If your site isn’t mobile-friendly or responsive, it’s time to consider investing in a new website.
6. NAP profiles. If the Name, Address, and Telephone Number (NAP) profiles are not consistent across all Google searches with your site information, this may impact your results.
seven. Bad advice. If you have received bad advice in the past on SEO and content writing, it can hamper your website now and in the future.
8. AMP versions. If your site does not have mobile page accelerated (AMP) versions of websites, this can cause problems. These are different from the mobile-friendly versions of pages. AMP is basically a new project from Twitter and Google designed to make web pages very fast and is a simplified or basic form of HTML.
9. Cannibalization. Keyword cannibalization happens when you split content into two pages that should be on one page. Google looks at two pages with similar content and decides which one it thinks should rank higher. When you spread information across two pages instead of focusing on one page of high-quality content, it can hurt your rankings.
ten. Pictures. If your site images are too large and uncompressed, it affects performance.
2. YouTube Videos
You may have heard that creating educational videos on YouTube and answering frequently asked questions from your customers is helpful. But where many companies fail is not linking their YouTube accounts to their website or linking to their site from videos on YouTube. If the two are unrelated, you are missing out on valuable SEO traction.
YouTube is easily one of the most popular websites, attracting nearly two billion users per month. Anything that links to YouTube is extremely valuable, whether or not those videos have a high number of views. There are two ways to include these links on your site:
1.Link on your business website from your YouTube channel account.
2. If you’ve posted YouTube videos to your channel before, edit the description to include the relevant pages on your site that each video relates to, whether it’s an FAQ page, blog post, or an area of expertise.
Using the right keywords is an effective way to get a high ranking for your business site. However, you need to implement a solid content strategy that highlights the following:
• Main Pages. Featured pages should target main keywords that contain high-value words directly related to your services and areas of expertise. Since I work primarily with law firms, let’s take an example from this industry: an example of a primary keyword might be “New York DUI attorney.”
• Secondary pages. These pages should include keywords related to your services.
• Tertiary pages. These types of content pages include long-tail keywords. These types of keywords are three- to four-word phrases, such as “New York City DUI Criminal Defense Lawyer” Where « Stopping DUI traffic in New York.”
Whether you receive a positive or negative review online, it’s critical that your business responds. Customers rely heavily on online reviews when selecting service providers. It is necessary to respond to reviews quickly, and since Google values reviews, it is essential to respond to everything that remains on Google. Don’t forget to reply all however, including those on Yelp, Amazon, Angie’s List, or anywhere else that reviews businesses like yours.
An effective email campaign helps businesses improve their website traffic. Here are the best email campaigns to consider:
• Lead magnet. Offer an e-book or useful content to your customers.
• New tracks. If you want a new prospect to learn about your company and your processes, create a video on how to hire a company like yours.
• Capture reviews. Take advantage of past customers and as soon as their transaction or interaction with you is settled, email them and request a review. Positive reviews can drive even more traffic to your site.
Implementing these five helpful steps can boost your business marketing, increase your site traffic, and help you capture more effective leads that turn into customers.