Organic SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is one of the best ways to bring your website to the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) for relevant keywords. However, fully optimizing your website involves many moving parts, some of which can be a bit technical.
As CIO Magazine points out, “Today’s SEO needs to understand all of marketing at a deep level, the psychology of the human race, the specific culture they are marketing to, the social media landscape, analytics Web, web design and development, viral marketing, content, product, business models, etc.
Because SEO encompasses so much more than choosing the right keywords (although that’s an important part of it), businesses typically turn to professional SEO companies and consultants for help.
Now comes the tricky part: deciding which company offers the right SEO management services to meet your business needs. While a good SEO management company can improve your website’s rankings and ultimately bring more potential customers to your site, implementing poor SEO practices can cause lasting and devastating damage. to your bottom line. And with how quickly recommended SEO tactics evolve and change, you want to make sure you’re paying for the latest SEO management services that will positively impact your business. That said, it can be difficult to know what questions to ask SEO management companies to gauge their level of expertise.
Here are some questions to get you started.
What is your SEO strategy to get results?
As I mentioned before, SEO has many facets, and any business or professional providing SEO management services should be prepared to address each facet as part of their SEO strategy. The most effective managed SEO services should consider the following:
- SEO on the page. This includes reviewing the optimized elements of your web pages, including meta title and description, page title, H1, H2, ALT tags, etc.
- Technical referencing. This includes code, site structure, site speed, and other metrics that could impact your search traffic.
- User Experience (UX). It’s all about optimizing the content of your digital property.
- Off-page SEO. This refers to improving your SEO presence by gaining links, building your online brand, and improving the popularity of your site and its content. Off-page SEO campaigns involve finding opportunities to increase your domain and page authority through inbound links to your site from other high-quality sites.
How can your SEO strategy help us achieve our goals?
It’s important to remember that managed SEO services should never be a one-size-fits-all solution. Your SEO management company should tailor their SEO management services to create an SEO strategy that meets your business goals. The best SEO management companies will tailor their managed SEO campaigns to your business goals. For example, if you are looking to increase your website traffic, your managed SEO campaign should focus on content creation and keyword optimization.
How long will it be before we start seeing results?
Like all good things, having an effective SEO strategy in place will take time to see results. If an SEO management company promises quick results, it’s important to ask how they plan to achieve those results. It is possible to see positive results early, but it really depends on the health of your website and many other factors.
For example, if your technical audit reveals errors and oversights in the construction of your website, you could see positive results in no time. However, if your website is free of technical issues, you will likely have to wait longer to see positive measurable improvements. It’s not unreasonable, however, to expect to see positive results within six months of implementing a managed SEO campaign.
Can you provide three references that we can contact?
It might sound like common sense, but since optimizing your site has a direct impact on your business bottom line, it’s important to do your due diligence and check the SEO management company’s track record of success. Ask for at least three clients that you can contact to inquire about their results and experience working with the SEO management company, including:
- How did they rank for top keywords before and after implementing SEO management services?
- Did the SEO management company deliver quality work in a timely manner?
- Was the SEO management company easy to work with?
- Did they offer helpful and actionable advice?
- Did they explain how search works so that you and your team can improve your future marketing strategies?
Do you perform technical and research audits?
Once you have narrowed down your list of SEO management companies to the best candidates, you should ask those candidates to perform technical and research audits of your site. Although this is something you will have to pay for, you authorize these companies to examine the finer details of your site. Make sure you only give them restricted access, not full or write access, to Google Search Console and your analytics data.
- Research Audit. In a search audit, your website and its rankings are documented with recommendations from the SEO management company and actionable items to address issues that are preventing your site from ranking as high as it should.
- Technical Audit. The technical audit is an evaluation of the backend of your site. This is where the SEO management company examines your entire website for crawling, URL parameters, internal linking issues, and consistent and sufficient server connectivity and response codes. An explanation and recommendations for fixes should be included, along with potential costs and delays.
One thing you should look for is whether or not the SEO management company has made a distinction between its recommendations for branded and non-branded search queries. For branded search queries, the focus should be on providing people with a great experience when they visit your site because they are already familiar with your brand. On the other hand, recommendations for your non-branded or generic search queries should focus on improving your website to beat the competition.